[tex-live] Makeindex, version 2.15 [TeX Live 2010] (kpathsea + Thai support)

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Oct 3 15:10:58 CEST 2014

Zdenek Wagner wrote:

> In the default definition \item just puts the text somewhere and
> assumes that \par will be the first token resulting from an expansion
> of a following token and this will format the item.

Yes, that was indeed the default behaviour, and for testing purposes I
could have lived with it, but for the final PDF I will need better
control (including hyperlinks from page numbers to pages) and that is
how the question arose.

> I agree that this
> is not the best markup. I do not know where I found the complete
> documentation, maybe in the source package. 22 years ago I added the
> Czech support and I just copy my ist files since that time. A useful
> example of the ist files is in ltxdoc.

Do you have a (Czech/sample) ,ist file that interpolates a trailing
delimiter, Zdeněk ?

** Phil.