[tex-live] Bug in TexLive-2014?

Lauri Karttunen laurik at stanford.edu
Thu Oct 2 22:42:07 CEST 2014

Following your suggestion, I added

\usepackage{newtxmath}

to the beginning of the csli_master.tex file. It gives me another error. This is after having successfully run

sudo tlmgr update --all —self

if I don’t load the newtexmath package I still get the same Undefine control sequence error as before. Here the error message that the addition of newtexmath generates

(./newtxmath.sty
(/usr/local/texlive/2014/texmf-dist/tex/latex/libertine/LinLibertine_I.tex))

! LaTeX Error: Option clash for package newtxmath.

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.57

? H
The package newtxmath has already been loaded with options:
  []
There has now been an attempt to load it with options
  [libertine]
Adding the global options:
  ,libertine
to your \documentclass declaration may fix this.
Try typing  <return>  to proceed

Proceeding with carriage return runs into another error:

(/usr/local/texlive/2014/texmf-dist/tex/latex/newtx/omlntxmi.fd)
(/usr/local/texlive/2014/texmf-dist/tex/latex/newtx/omsntxsy.fd)
No file OMXntxex.fd.

! LaTeX Error: This NFSS system isn't set up properly.

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.321 \begin{document}

? H
For encoding scheme OMX the defaults ntxex/m/n do not form a valid font shape
?

Giving up here. The upshot is that TexLive-2013 works on my file fine. TexLive-2014 does not. I will send to the people who sent me their suggestions a directory with the sources. Hope that helps in tracking down the problem.

— LK