[tex-live] BUG: Syntax error in texlive-latex-base-doc .deb package

Nelson H. F. Beebe beebe at math.utah.edu
Tue Nov 25 23:50:05 CET 2014

Hedley Finger <hedley.finger at gmail.com> reports an installation
failure of tesseract-ocr 3.02 on Ubuntu 14 due to a botched dependency
on a TeX Live documentation file, texlive-latex-base-doc.

I just tried it here on my system of that flavor:

	# cat /etc/lsb-release
	DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
	DISTRIB_RELEASE=14.04
	DISTRIB_CODENAME=trusty
	DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS"

	# apt-get install tesseract-ocr
	Reading package lists... Done
	Building dependency tree
	Reading state information... Done
	  liblept4 libtesseract3 tesseract-ocr-eng tesseract-ocr-equ
	  tesseract-ocr-osd
	  liblept4 libtesseract3 tesseract-ocr tesseract-ocr-eng
	  tesseract-ocr-equ tesseract-ocr-osd
	0 upgraded, 6 newly installed, 0 to remove and 6 not upgraded.
	Need to get 28.9 MB of archives.
	After this operation, 78.6 MB of additional disk space will be used.
	Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
	... got 6 packages and installed them successfully ...

My system is up-to-date with respect to last night's package versions.

Can anyone else on this list reproduce either success or failure on
Ubuntu 14?