[tex-live] xdvipdfmx and ghostscript 9.15

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Mon Nov 24 12:03:13 CET 2014

> Hi,
>
>> \documentclass{article}
>> \usepackage{pstricks}
>> \begin{document}
>> Essai : \pspicture(1,1)\pspolygon(0,0)(0,1)(1,1)(0,0)\endpspicture{} puis suite.
>> \end{document}
>> The problem arises when using xelatex (either in PDF output mode, or doing
>> first an .xdv file then xdvipdfmx on it): the triangle does not show up in the pdf.
>>
>> The problem arises with ghostscript 9.15 is installed but not with 9.10 nor 9.14.
>
> That was known and was fixed in the sources in the TeX Live svn.
> Try the latest svn sources.
>
> Thanks,
> Akira

Hello,

I tried, but I got into problems.

following instructions on http://tug.org/texlive/build.html

I downloaded /trunk/Build/sources using rsync,
then
I followed instructions given in README.2building to compile only one package.
but I hit against the same problem as will be described next below

Thus I started all over again from scratch but used the top level Build script
to build all binaries. They are all now (387 files including symlinks) in

/opt/src/tl/inst/bin/x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0

I don't want to massively overwrite my current TL2014 in /usr/local/texlive

Thus I saved the current dvipdfmx, xdvipdfmx as found in /usr/texbin
and  also
/usr/local/texlive/2014/texmf-config/dvipdfmx/dvipdfmx.cfg
in case it matters

(there is no dvipdfmx.cfg in my /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local)

and I then replaced these three files with what Build had produced.

(I am sure this is the step where I am badly wrong)

dvipdfmx seems to work ok

but with xdvipdfmx I get with a Hello world test:

> testxelatex.xdv -> testxelatex.pdf
> DVI ID = 5
>
> xdvipdfmx:fatal: Something is wrong. Are you sure this is a DVI file?
>
> Output file removed.

How should have I proceeded after having gotten all binaries
compiled in /opt/src/tl/inst ?

Best,

Jean-Francois