[tex-live] Regressions triggered by 'latex' package updates on pretest

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Sat May 24 15:38:42 CEST 2014

On 19 May 2014 10:35, Scott Kostyshak <skostysh at lyx.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been testing using the TeX Live 2014 pretest
>
> Europe CV

As has been discussed the europecv class never worked on lualatex
the fact that the empty document did not generate an error with TL2013
but does in TL2014 wasn't really a regression but rather an
improvement.
Despite the fact that the test document declared utf8 and used luatex, any
non ascii character would generate an error.

While checking this I suggested a minor addition to europecv.cls to
detect extended Tex and not load ucs and inputenc. The class can then
be used natively with utf8 encoding on luatex and xetex.

The contact address in the class bounces, but I located the original
author and he gave me permission to update the file on ctan with this
addition.
Robin has kindly arranged that europecv.cls is updated on the ctan hosts

 Karl, this has probably missed the cut for TL2014, it's definitely not urgent
as it's an enhancement to the class to work with lualatex, not a bug fix.
But I thought I'd reply here as the problem was originally raised on  this list.

Scott thanks for the testing, tracing what was actually happening here
was an "interesting exercise":-)

David