[tex-live] TeXLive (Windows) bash script -> exe

Josef Kleber josef.kleber at gmx.de
Thu May 22 17:35:53 CEST 2014

Am 19.05.2014 15:39, schrieb Josef Kleber:
> Hi,
>
> i wrote a bash script osmimage
> (http://jklatex.square7.de/download/osmimage), which downloads an
> OpenStreetMap specified by options.
>
> Furthermore, i plan to write a LaTeX package, which uses this script via
> \write18 (see:
> http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/178883/write18-encoding).

Okay, the beta version of the package is finished:

https://bitbucket.org/kleberj/getmap/downloads/getmap.tds.zip

It works foe me with TeXLive/Win32. If somebody is willing to beta test
with Linux, you're very welcome! ;-)

unzip in a local TeX tree -> texhash -> create a link for osmimage.lua

I do not know how the last step works exactly on Linux, but on Windows
renaming runscript.exe to osmimage.exe and put it somewhere in the PATH
worked without problems.

Example:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage[inputencoding=latin1,overwrite]{getmap}
\begin{document}
\section{Example}
Do you want to vist the Oktoberfest? Here we go:

\getmap[file=oktoberfest,
         xsize=800,
	ysize=1000,
	scale=5000,
         %zoom=12,
	type=map,
         color=pink_1,
         number=3,
	imagetype=png]
        {Matthias-Pschorr-Straße, München, Deutschland}%
\begin{center}
\includegraphics[width=10cm]{oktoberfest}
\end{center}
\end{document}

Josef