[tex-live] xindy vs utf8 latex

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed May 7 23:23:22 CEST 2014

    Peter committed the change in TL SVN at April 28.
    I assume the next rebuild will gather them.

No, everything has been up to date (in the pretest) since the build of
Apr 28 (it's updated nightly, barring errors).  That is, in all bindirs,
bin/texindy is a symlink to ../texmf-dist/scripts/xindy/texindy.pl, and
that was one of the files Peter updated.  There is nothing to wait for.

    > The texindy in pretest does not support -L utf8

What should be run to determine this?  I looked briefly at the source,
but it wasn't clear to me.

There are certainly a variety of utf8.xdy files in the runtime, that's
all I can see at a glance.

karl