[tex-live] Strange problem with the devnag preprocessor

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 11:00:36 CET 2014

Hello,

after a long time I had to use again the devnag preprocessor. I did it
yesterday evening on my x86_64 with Fedora 18. The first one in PATH
is my own binary compiled several years ago and probably dynamically
linked. It failed at word kAra.n and reported it as kAra.i saying that
.i is illegal. The search shows that there is no .i in the document. I
have therefore tried the x86_64 binary from TeX Live 2013 and the
result was the same. After compiling the binary from the source it
worked. A few minutes ago I did the test with the very same file on
Fedora 17. I tried my own binary compiled several years ago as well as
binaries from TL 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, Al these binaries work fine.
Do you have any explanation what might happen between Fedora 17 and
Fedora 18 or whether the bug is somewhere else?

On both these computers TL is installed on a SDD and all other x86_64
binaries work.

I have not tried it on Raspberry yet.

--
Zdeněk Wagner