[tex-live] How to packages installed?

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 09:23:22 CEST 2014

If I want in the current TeX list all the packages (and collections)
installed I just run

% tlmgr list |grep ^i

However it does not work if there is no repository available (either
because my installation is old, older than the current, or if there is no
connection.

* Also it does not work for packages installed in texmf-local or ~/texmf
and, probably for packages which were removed from the repository but not
locally

Keeping in mind restriction * is there a way to list packages installed in
TL2013 f.e. just to compare with TL2014? Should not we expect from tlmgr to
know "everything" about packages installed by it or originally?

Victor

--

Victor Ivrii