[tex-live] Passing a valid Windows path and file name to *TeX in TeXlive

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 16:34:27 CEST 2014

First, \input in LaTeX calls \@input which is stored plain \input. It
allows macro expansion, so \ and ~ (because it is active) invoke expansion.
Second, windows have short 8.3 names depending on your file system and the
way how you call your programs, this is not a problem in pdftex but in
Windows. It is safer to "cd" to the directory of your file and then call it
without the path.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/