[tex-live] Problems with TL2014 Windows command line environment

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu Jul 17 09:38:35 CEST 2014

Am Thu, 17 Jul 2014 03:33:19 +0200 schrieb Reinhard Kotucha:

>  > I just installed TL2014 in Windows Vista and ran through the tests
>  > described in the TexLive Guide, section 3.5, using the TL command
>  > line box (invoked from the Start Menu). This drops you into the
>  > c:\Windows\system32 directory at startup as a default.
>
> Hi Keith,
> I must admit that I don't have Windows and thus can't reproduce your
> problem.

I do. The command line starts in the directory it has been called
from and in the case of a call from the start menu this is
c:\system\win32. A change of the "Ausführen in/start in"-Option to
%USERPROFILE% avoids this. A fix path in the bat-file itself is imho
not an option.

> But I agree with you that c:\Windows\system32 is quite
> unfortunate as a current working directory for many reasons.

Yes. But I wonder why already two people actually do something in
this folder. I wouldn't dare and switch asap to another folder ;-).

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/