[tex-live] tlmgr leaves texlive.tlpdb.SOMETHING

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Jul 2 00:42:50 CEST 2014

On Tue, 01 Jul 2014, Martin Schröder wrote:
> this has bothered me for years and is still happening with TL2014:
> tlmgr sometimes (too often) leaves temporary copies of
> tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb around:

These are *not* temporary copies ;-)

This is a saved version of the remote db, that is reused in case
there have been no changes. Like with tlcontrib there aren't
too many.

tlmgr first downloads the sha256 hash of the remote tlpdb, if that
didn't change, it reuses the already saved tlpdb instead of
redownloading it.

Does that suffice for an explanation?

Norbert

GPG: 0x860CDC13   fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0  ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13