[tex-live] missing spell-check language in TeXworks editor

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Jul 1 01:54:11 CEST 2014

On 2014-06-30 at 17:03:47 +0000, Lars Madsen wrote:

 > This is the method I usually use when I help installing dictionaries
 > for students
 >
 >   https://code.google.com/p/texworks/wiki/SpellingDictionaries
 >
 > Basically you need a file from OpenOffice (as the have great
 > dictionaries), that file has to be decompressed (it is a zip with a
 > strange extension), and you have to copy two files to a specific
 > folder.

Assuming that TeXworks is aimed at beginners, I'm wondering whether
it's possible to make the installation of dictionaries easier.

It would be nice if a volunteer could maintain a package on CTAN
containing all dictionaries available under a proper license.

I suppose that it's possible to ship such a package with TeX Live.
The dictionaries might be large but because they contain pure text
only, the compressed .tar.xz files will be quite small.

TeX Live is supposed to work out-of-the-box.  Therefore it provides
Perl and Ghostscript for Windows.  IMO it would be nice if TeXwork's
spell checker works out-of-the-box too.  But TeX Live cannot support
anything which isn't on CTAN.

Is anybody willing to volunteer?

 > Sent from my tablet using TouchDown

Sent from my Game Boy