[tex-live] Install file of the TL should have unique name

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 19:28:27 CET 2014

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 6:46 PM, Denis Bitouzé wrote:
> Le vendredi 17/01/14 à 18h14,
> Mojca Miklavec a écrit :
>
>> And how exactly do you suggest to fix the issue for those?
>
> Either on DVD and on the .iso file, let the files (particularly the
> install files) have unique names.

What I meant (a bit rhetorically) was: Siep promissed to fix it for
the next release and argued that fixing it before doesn't make that
much of a difference because the website is unambiguous. Give that it
should be fixed in TL 2014, I wanted to ask how you would fix it for
"those who install TL from a DVD shipped by their TUG" before TL 2014.

As far as checksums are concerned: shipping a single file listing all
the relevant checksums has some benefits. (But then again I'm not
aware of typical workflows of those who regularly calculated the
checksums and whether there are automated tools that automatically do
it when filename.sha256 is present.)

Mojca