[tex-live] Package name of dvipdfmx cause warning messages

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Mon Jan 13 15:36:18 CET 2014

On Mon, 13 Jan 2014, Dr. Werner Fink wrote:

> I've a report here for dvipdfmx and dvipdfm with
>
>   ** WARNING ** Could not open config file "dvipdfmx.cfg".
>
> and verified this.  If I change in /etc/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
>
>   DVIPDFMXINPUTS = $TEXMF/dvipdfmx

>   DVIPDFM-XINPUTS = $TEXMF/dvipdfmx

Hi,

DVIPDFM-XINPUTS or DVIPDFM_XINPUTS?

> the configuration file are found again.  ...

that is really strange.  In dvipdfmx.c there is
   kpse_set_program_name(argv[0], "dvipdfmx");
causing kpse->program_name to be "dvipdfmx".
This will set the default search path for dvipdfmx.cfg to
   ".;$TEXMF/dvipdfmx"
and use the name DVIPDFMXINPUTS as texmf.cnf and environment variable.

As you can see from the shell sripts texk/dvipdfm-x/*dvipdfm*.test used for
the runtime checks dvipdfmx and dvipdfm both honor DVIPDFMXINPUTS from the
environment.

Perhaps you can run '(x)dvipdfmx --kpathsea-debug=2047' to see what happens.

Regards
Peter Breitenlohner <peb at mppmu.mpg.de>