[tex-live] tlmgr update -self fails, why?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Feb 24 23:15:01 CET 2014

    Notice that I see the same problem in (almost) the latest TeX Live, it
    is caused by a conflict with hyperref. Heiko Oberdiek reads this list

I couldn't tell from your subsequent msgs if the bug is there or not.
But if there is, a comprehensible bug report would be helpful.  Seeing a
dozen+ messages with hundreds+ of lines of quoted text and a summary
"there is a bug in hyperref" is, um, hard to decipher.  At least for me.

As far as I know, Heiko's time is even more limited than usual these
days for personal reasons, so good bug reports are more important than
ever.  (Likewise if there is to be a chance for me to look at it ...)

Thanks,
Karl