[tex-live] Outstanding question about Hebrew and Greek hyphenation patterns

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Sep 20 11:31:27 CEST 2013

Robin Fairbairns wrote:

>> No, but that request is rare. The advise is to install everything as storage
>> space is cheap and networks are mostly fast enough.
>
> one or other is plainly not the case for phil.  (either that, or he has
> a snail's-pace computer, which hardly seems likely.)
>
> fast net connections are uncommon (or ruinously expensive) in rural
> england (where phil lives), so that's probably the problem.  for only
> slightly less than i pay for 30mbit/s, my mother gets a basic isdn
> service ... but of course, she doesn't care.

2.6Mbps on a good day.  3.0Mbps on an exceptional one.  I genuinely
had not realised this question would prove so difficult to answer.
I thought (in my naïvety) that there would be a standard and well-
known combination of Collections/packages/schemes to accomplish
what seemed to me to be a very simple and straightforward aim.

** Phil.