[tex-live] MacPorts TeXLive 2013

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Sep 19 03:16:45 CEST 2013

On Sep 18, 2013, at 7:49 PM, Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't use Mac, but ...
>
> On Do, 19 Sep 2013, Bo-Yin Yang wrote:
>> installing MacPorts and do
>
> I recommend getting MacTeX and install it. According to what I read
> on the list here, this is the by far better choice!
>
> Norbert

Howdy,

Go to <http://www.tug.org/mactex/> for more information.

If possible, un-install the Macports TeX Live. If not possible you may have to prepend /usr/texbin to the PATH so that the TeX Live installed by MacTeX can be used. After doing that you will be able to use the Macports TeX Live by choosing it in System Preferences->TeX Distribution Preference Pane installed by MacTeX. You will also be able to update the TeX Live distribution installed by MacTeX using TeX Live Utility (in /Applications/TeX along with other GUI applications and Front Ends), a Front End for TeX Live's tlmgr.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)