[tex-live] Package preparation question (directory structure)

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Sep 4 18:24:20 CEST 2013

Urs Liska <ul at openlilylib.org> wrote:

> Am 04.09.2013 17:51, schrieb Ulrike Fischer:
> > Am Wed, 4 Sep 2013 17:20:15 +0200 schrieb Urs Liska:
> >
> > (And a normal windows user will probably not understand "set
> > executable bit").

"un*x users should set the executable bit on the scripts"

> Does that mean I should simply put the scripts in a
> /scripts/lilyglpyhs directory and wait for the distribution to create
> wrapper scripts for it? And how would I refer to these beforehand?
> (Of course I have written in the manual that in order to use the
> scripts one has to have Python installed (of course that's not
> necessary for _using_ the package)).

i had envisaged a structure:

  macros->latex->contrib->lilyglyphs

and from there:

  [the above]->doc,scripts,latex,fonts

(each with the relevant content)

  ...->lilyglyphs->doc->lilyglyphs->[doc files]

which you seem to be suggesting, is strongly deprecated.

coming back to fonts ... you seemed to be suggesting that the package
requires [xe|lua]tex to deal with opentype fonts, but
a) also ask whether metafont source is required
b) talk about images being "formed into glyphs"

afaik, neither xelatex nor luatex can deal with bitmap fonts, and the
images stuff has me completely confused.

i will try to re-read your mail at home, tonight, but may not have the
time...

robin