[tex-live] Files for non-free fonts missing from new TeX-Livepackageof mathdesign[v 2.31]

Matthias Vogel Matthias.Vogel at phil.uni-giessen.de
Mon Sep 2 12:50:56 CEST 2013

Hi Karl,

I don't know much about tl's distribution policy. I simply thought that
Paul designed mathfonts that do fit to the look of existing commercial
fonts. Perhaps here are two questions to answer:

(a) What kind of kinship relation do the MD-Fonts have to their nonfree
models?

(b) Can Pauls MD Fonts for commercial fonts be used independently from
their text font counterparts?

My guess concerning  (a) is, that MD-Fonts are designed to fit to their
models, but are constructed by own means. But I don't know what kind of
dependency is involved here and what would follow from that for their
distribution.

Regarding (b) I know from experience, that the MD-Fonts can be combined
with different free or nonfree fonts -- so they can be used
independently from using their models.

Best regards,
Matthias