[tex-live] psutils maintenance

Reuben Thomas rrt at sc3d.org
Sun Oct 20 02:04:07 CEST 2013

On 17 December 2012 23:12, Reuben Thomas <rrt at sc3d.org> wrote:
[stuff about taking over psutils]

Greetings again all of you.

Little has changed since I last wrote: I've been using my 1.20 release of
psutils; today I actually tagged it in github

https://github.com/rrthomas/psutils

and overhauled psjoin to modernize the Perl slightly, add my name (so the
original author won't be bothered), and made the use of the version number
consistent.

I have not heard from Angus. If anyone knows how to contact him, it would
be great to follow up on his recent-ish offer of donating psutils to the
FSF and relicensing it under the GPL.

It would be nice to move forwards; specifically, at least get 1.20 into
Debian and CTAN (and hence TeXLive), if there are no objections, of course.

I'm also happy to hear from any potential maintainers; while psutils seems
to be low-traffic enough that I'm happy to curate it, my work on it was
intended as a one-off, and I'd be happy to hand it to anyone with a greater
interest.

So: maintainers, please let me know if there are any problems packaging it,
or if you have any patches for me to add, and let's get it out there!

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org