[tex-live] hausarbeit-jura packaging bug

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Oct 17 01:11:11 CEST 2013

    Karl, can web2c tex write an extensionless file?

Ha!  Good point, I hadn't thought of backing up one more level.  I think
the answer is no.  In the original tex.web, and not modified in the
change files that I can see (or remember), there is
@<Do some work that has been queued up...@>=
      if cur_ext="" then cur_ext:=".tex";

Clearly it would not be hard to conditionalize that based on something
(and is likely already possible in LuaTeX), but I can't imagine it would
be useful in practice since no one would want to rely on such new
functionality for such a trivial matter.  The better answer, it seems to
me, is not to put README's into .dtx's in the first place.

Thanks,
karl