[tex-live] Outstanding question about Hebrew and Greek hyphenation patterns

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Oct 8 00:32:10 CEST 2013

On 2013-09-22 at 10:40:16 +0100, Robin Fairbairns wrote:

 > Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> wrote:
 >
 > > You already know my opinion about search engines.  As far as TeX
 > > related stuff is concerned, it makes more sense to go to
 > > tex.stackexchange and search there.  Stackexchange is much more
 > > reliable than everything else you find in the internet.
 >
 > contributions, to the process of correcting the uk faq are always
 > welcome.
 >
 > robin
 > (actually not sure it's worth carrying on with the faq.)

Hi Robin,
I'm absolutely convinced that it's worth carrying on with the FAQ.

At TUG-2008 (Cork) Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard and me asked Jonathan Kew
for an extesion to TeXworks.  The idea was to provide an interface for
texdoc and your FAQ.  It should allow users to enter the name of a
package and get the package documentation as a PDF file (located by
texdoc) or to search for a term in your FAQ.  Unfortunately Jonathan
had no time to implement it.

But I'm still convinced that it's desirable to make documentation
accessible directly from the TeXworks GUI.  Stackexchange is
undoubtedly a great thing.  But unlike your FAQ, it has a big
drawback: it's not part of TeX Live.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25