[tex-live] Where is the root dir of my Tex Live installation

Gerald Pechoc ubuntu at pechoc.eu
Mon Nov 18 10:31:37 CET 2013

With compatibility I meant for all, that the same components are
installed on both my computers, so that a document should be rendered on
both sides almost identically without additional installation of
software components.

That there are a lot of other compatibility problems too, I can see also.

Important question for me now:
How can I deinstall the existing versions of TEX on my Ubuntu machine?

I want to reinstall with the Tex Live dvd from tug.
A new install over the net is lasting to long with my slow internet
connection.

How to deinstall?

Gerald