[tex-live] install-tl inserts 2013/.. in TEXMFLOCAL

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu May 30 19:34:27 CEST 2013

    > MYLOCAL=$(cd -P -- "$(kpsewhich -expand-path \$TEXMFLOCAL)" && pwd -P)

Aside: those -P's are not portable across all systems, if it matters.
Rather doubt that even the -- is, for that matter, even though one would
wish that it were.

    But I don't know whether kpsewhich should do this expansion
    automatically when -expand-path is used or not.

It has never done so.  I'm not sure how hard it would be to have an
option to make kw output absolute paths, resolving ..'s and symlinks.
I'll look into it in due course.

Best,
Karl