[tex-live] [OT] listings package contribution: Lua language

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu May 23 11:05:50 CEST 2013

Stephan Hennig <mailing_list at arcor.de> wrote:

> Am 22.05.2013 23:24, schrieb Reinhard Kotucha:
> > On 2013-05-22 at 18:20:46 +0200, Stephan Hennig wrote:
> >
> >  > (AFAIR, Brooks Moses is no longer actively maintaining the package), is
> >  > there any better way to contribute Lua support than uploading a new
> >  > package listings-lua to CTAN?
> >
> > did you try to contact Brooks Moses already?
>
> I've sent him an email, now.

last i corresponded with him, he was giving listings up.  so we're
retraversing the same loop as we did when that occasion happened.

i seem not to have marked him inactive, in the catalogue.  (the trouble
with an information resource is that people inevitably pick up the
mistakes...)

> > Many books about LaTeX mention the listings package already.  I'm sure
> > that users who need the package also read the documentation provided
> > by the package.  But they are not aware of listings-lua.
>
> True.
>
> > Furthermore, it's definitely not good if packages on CTAN are not
> > actively maintained any more.  If you are willing to take over
> > maintenance, that would be great.
>
> No way, sorry! :)

so we've to keep on looking.

unfortunately, no-one of my acquaintance even uses it (as far as i
know).  having glanced at the code, my guess is the maintainer will
require personal "user experience" as well as (la)tex programming
skills.

robin
the random catalogue maintainer