[tex-live] german.sty?

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Fri May 17 16:33:11 CEST 2013

Karl,

in rev. 30301, the directory `tex/generic/german' has been deleted.
Are you aware that due to this change we no longer have `german.sty'?
I'm quite sure that there are zillions of documents having

  \usepackage[german]

which no longer can be compiled out of the box.  I don't dare to think
how many languages in total are affected by your deletion orgy on May
7th.

Please fix this.  Another issue is, AFAIK, that the functionality of
Babel's `german' module is not completely identical to what
`german.sty' provides.  This is another reason IMHO to not delete the
file.

    Werner