[tex-live] Strange update this morning

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Sat Mar 16 19:08:24 CET 2013

On 16/03/2013 17:21, Robert Alessi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 07:45:14AM +0100, Denis Bitouzé wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> this morning, the TL update looked rather strange (look at the final revision number,
>> 29349, the same for all the packages):
>>

> Since I updated this morning, I can't anymore compile even a minimal
> XeLaTeX like this one:
>
> -----
> \documentclass{article}
>
> \usepackage{fontspec}
>
> \begin{document}
>
> Hello world!
>
> \end{document}
> -----
>
> The log reads as follows:
>
> -----
> (/usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-dist/tex/latex/fontspec/fontspec.cfg
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> <argument> \c_keys_code_root_tl
>                                 fontspec/Ligatures/Historical
> l.8 ...tureoption{Ligatures}{Historic}{Historical}

Did you update all of the installed packages? There is an l3kernel
update which changes some stuff which fontspec uses, and the two have to
be in sync. (There will actually need to be another fontspec update as
one change got missed: this should be to CTAN very soon then into TeX Live.)
--
Joseph Wright