[tex-live] TeX Live in User mode

Jan Musinsky musinsky at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 15:46:54 CEST 2013

> If you want to try out the fix I came up for now, the attached
> two files go into
>         tlpkg/TeXLive/TLUtils.pm
>         texmf-dist/scripts/texlive/tlmgr.pl

tested, working as I expected, thank you !

$ tlmgr --usermode install txfonts
tlmgr: package repository
http://mirror.switch.ch/ftp/mirror/tex/systems/texlive/tlnet
[1/1, ??:??/??:??] install: txfonts [1298k]
tlmgr: package log updated: /home/musinsky/texmf/web2c/tlmgr.log
running mktexlsr ...
done running mktexlsr.
TLUtils: no head file found, this if fine if in user mode!
running updmap ...
done running updmap.

$ kpsewhich psfonts.map
/home/musinsky/.texlive2013/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/psfonts.map
$ grep txfonts.map `kpsewhich psfonts.map`
% txfonts.map

>> It would be very user friendly if the mktexlsr creates a database also
>> in $TEXMFHOME dir (if exists such dir)
>
> Not needed, see the respective definitions in texmf.cnf

OK, I will be investigate

Jan