[tex-live] Upgrade to inconsolata package

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jul 2 23:27:54 CEST 2013

Hi Greg - the replacement of inconsolata was intentional.  In fact, it
was my suggestion (I had created the original package), since Michael's
new version seemed better in every way.  (He had indeed originally
uploaded it to CTAN as inconsolata-zi4.)

I failed to realize that Michael's package omitted the otf's.  Michael,
would you mind including them?  I recognize the idea of "LaTeX support",
but still, seems much simpler to just include the otf's than to have a
whole separate package for them?  That way everything is just there ...

As for the .sty file name, I did see that the new package didn't have
inconsolata.sty, but I knew perfect compatibility was not going to be
plausible, so changing documents to use the new .sty name seemed the
best approach.  I wouldn't go that route in all cases, but this one is
not a core part of the system or anything.  If you need perfect
compatibility, probably just keeping the old inconsolata around is the
only viable way ...

Sorry for the troubles.

karl