[tex-live] yhmath confusion

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Jul 2 09:28:42 CEST 2013

On Di, 02 Jul 2013, Akira Kakuto wrote:
>> (2) yhcmex10.tfm
>> (3) yhcmex10.vf
>>
>> (2) and (3) are fixed version for the case of very large [ and ].

As far as I can see with md5sum, the tfm files agree, but
the vf files are different...

I checked the vpl files of the two versions, and the have some
movedown operators added.

> Okumura-san said years ago that he tried to contact Yannis
> with no success.

I will prepare a fixed package, but want to make a few things.
I see now the following files are necessary:
yhmath.dtx  yhmath.ins	 - creating the mf etc files, including pfb
yhcmex10.vpl  yhcmex.pfb  yhmath.map  - for the type1 font

Generation is done:
- genearate the mf etc files from the dtx/ins
- copy (or rename) yhcmex10.mf to yrcmex10.mp (referenced in the vpl file)
- create tfm file for yrcmex10
- create vf/tfm files for yhcmex10 from yhcmex10.vpl
- install all the files

Right?

Norbert

PS: as a side note: wouldn't it make sense to
* generate yrcmex10.mf instead of yhcmex10.mf from the .dtx directly?
  is there any need for yhcmex10.mf?
* also generate the map and the vpl file from the .dtx?

Norbert