[tex-live] So far.....expensive failure

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Sat Feb 16 21:47:13 CET 2013

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 07:21:34PM +0100, Zdenek Wagner wrote:
> 2013/2/16 Siep Kroonenberg <siepo at cybercomm.nl>:
> > On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 04:18:52PM +0100, Denis Bitouzé wrote:

> >> Do you mean they install TL from the CTAN mirror, not from your local
> >> network?
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> Wouldn't it be better to have a transparent proxy in order to save bandwidth?

If installation were part of the course, of course then it would be
better to arrange something, but that is not the case.

Some of the students install TL on their laptops on their own
initiative, and I don't stop them. Some have already done so before
the course. But most simply work on the university workstation.

--
Siep Kroonenberg