[tex-live] So far.....expensive failure

Denis Bitouzé dbitouze at wanadoo.fr
Fri Feb 15 16:26:17 CET 2013

Le vendredi 15/02/13 à 15h04,
Lars Madsen <daleif at imf.au.dk> a écrit :

> Hi Denis, could you elaborate on your last comment? the one in ()'s ?

Of course. I always recommend to run the install-tl-advanced as an
administrator and change the two options:

  1. "Install for all users" from "No" to "Yes".

  2. Install TeXworks (I don't remember the exact label of this
  option). I explain myself: though I am an Emacs user, I know TeXworks
  is very powerful but, IMHO, it is not very helpful for beginners as
  it requires them to know and remember macro and environment names
  (TeXstudio, for instance is easier for beginners). Well I could let
  TeXworks be installed but, often, it becomes the default program
  for .tex files even if another preferred TeX IDE is installed
  afterwards.
--
Denis