[tex-live] missing binary in texlive-music package: songidx

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Wed Dec 18 08:30:15 CET 2013

On Wed, 18 Dec 2013, Norbert Preining wrote:

> there are not so many packages, but some have binaries to be build,
> like this one, songs, which contains a program songidx.
>
> How do we deal with something like this?
>
> I checked that also in TL itself the binary is missing.

Hi Norbert, Karl,

since this is a C program, the usual procedure is to have the sources in a
subdirectory of Build/source/texk/ or Build/source/utils/.  In this case it
should probably be texk because kpathsea may be required to locate the
songidx/*.can files used at runtime.  Before doing anything in that
direction I'd like to get an opinion from Karl.

Regards
Peter