[tex-live] lua path

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Dec 10 03:25:13 CET 2013

On 2013-12-09 at 20:51:08 -0500, Bob Tennent wrote:

 > I hate to interupt this fascinating (?) discussion about texdoc perl
 > but my original question remains unanswered (and I don't think it's
 > stupid). How can I get texlua to search for lua modules in the texmf
 > forest? kpsewhich finds what I'm looking for but texlua doesn't.
 > I don't expect "texdoc texlua" to answer my question but I hope
 > somebody or some documentation I can be pointed to can. It's been
 > claimed that texlua supports the kpathsea library.

A minimal example file would be helpful.  Don't know what you are doing
exactly.  And please tell us where the files are located in the TEXMF
tree(s).  Arthur suggested kpse.find_file() but I have zillions of lua
scripts and lua modules within a texmf tree and I never needed
kpse.find_file().

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25