[tex-live] lua path

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Dec 8 15:18:53 CET 2013

Bob Tennent wrote:

> I'm helping a contributor prepare a texlive-friendly package. He's
> translated a perl script into lua as I suggested ...

Somewhat confused.  As TeX Live ships with a bundled Perl interpreter
[1], which is used by the TeX Live manager (and quite possibly by the
installer), why is it beneficial for your fellow contributor to
translate his Perl code into Lua code, when (as far as I can tell,
'though I may of course be wrong), no standalone Lua interpreter is
shipped with TeX Live 2013 ?

Philip Taylor
--------
[1] On my system, D:\TeX\Live\2013\tlpkg\tlperl\bin