[tex-live] dvipdfmx warnings

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Dec 1 23:39:50 CET 2013

    It doesn't help that there is not even a man page for dvipdfmx.

dvipdfm.1 is for both dvipdfm and dvipdfmx.  I'll make the dvipdfmx.1
.so reference for next time.  (And also update the bug mailing address,
which is indeed the tex-live list now.  ChoF et al. no longer had time
to maintain it as of a couple years ago, so we have been babysitting it.)

I can't solve the package problems.  dvipdfm has been a symlink to
dvipdfmx for years now, although (as I recall) there are a couple of
small argv[0]-based behavior differences for the sake of compatibility.
Unfortunately I don't remember what they are.  Maybe someone else would
like to look at the source (Build/source/texk/dvipdfm-x) and document
it, the way it should have happened in the first place.

The new directory name in the source is because Peter B and Khaled have
merged dvipdfmx and xdvipdfmx for next year, so that is more
documentation updates that should happen.  Patches welcome ...

Best,
karl