[tex-live] current lualatex-math version not in TeX Live

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang at cs.ioc.ee
Sun Aug 18 00:05:37 CEST 2013

Am Samstag, den 17.08.2013, 19:18 +0100 schrieb Robin Fairbairns:
> Wolfgang Jeltsch <wolfgang at cs.ioc.ee> wrote:
>
> > [I’m not on the TeX Live list; so please send copies of all answers to
> > my e-mail address.]
> >
> > I installed TeX Live 2013 over internet some time in June and
> > subsequently installed all available updates via tlmgr update --all.
> >
> > The latest version of the lualatex-math package that I got via TeX Live
> > is the one from 13 January 2013. However, there is a new version on CTAN
> > since about two weeks. Is there any reason for this version not yet
> > being available via TeX Live, or is this because of an oversight?
>
> ditto ditto, except i do have a recent lualatex-math, dated 2013-08-09
>
> a lualatex-math of 2013-01-13 would have been in tex live 2012, not
> 2013.  are you sure you're looking in the right tree?  (i ask, since i
> maintain several tex live distros on my disk, and i regularly look in
> the wrong tree, or set myself up to use tl 2012 when i meant 2013 ... i
> doubt i'm the only one who slips up that way.  fwiw, my tl 2012 has
> lualatex-math.sty from 2013-03-11.)
>
> robin
>
> cc'ed op.

Dear Robin,

I only have one TeX Live tree, which is a TeX Live 2013 one. And this
one has lualatex-math from 13 January 2013.

However, I have discovered now that the mirror I’m using seems to be
partly outdated. It’s the mirror

    <http://ctan.vgtu.lt/systems/texlive/tlnet/>  .

Some of the files in

    <http://ctan.vgtu.lt/systems/texlive/tlnet/archive/>

have last been modified in July 2013, but the lualatex-math files have
12 March 2013 as their modification date. They don’t contain the version
from 11 March 2013 that your TeX Live 2012 contains, but the version
from 13 January 2013 that I have on my harddisk.

So should I consider this mirror unreliable? Should someone tell its
admins to fix these issues?

Best wishes,
Wolfgang