[tex-live] bug in updmap-sys (2013 pretest)?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Apr 29 01:35:32 CEST 2013

Hi Artemio,

            pigpen.map (in /usr/local/texlive/2013/texmf-dist/web2c/updmap.cfg)

Did you manually rm that package or something?  I don't see why it
should be missing, in general.

    Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at /usr/local/texlive/current/bin/x86_64-darwin/updmap line 1429, <STDIN> line 1.
    Can't use string ("") as a subroutine ref while "strict refs" in use at /usr/local/texlive/current/bin/x86_64-darwin/updmap line 1429, <STDIN> line 1.

    Is this a bug in updmap-sys?

Yes, clearly a bug (not happy with this code), our scripts should never
abort with Perl/Lua/whatever errors, just like C programs should never
seg fault.

I made a change that seems like it should fix it, but I didn't try to
reproduce, so ... can you please try after the next update?

Thanks,
Karl