[tex-live] tl'12 freeze after Saturday build

Uwe Siart uwe.siart at tum.de
Wed Apr 10 23:42:40 CEST 2013

On 10 Apr 2013 at 20:45, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

> Uwe, it seems you have to wait for new binaries.  The reason nothing
> works is that the files from texmf has been moved to texmf-dist.  The
> kpathsea version in TL-2012 doesn't have texmf-dist/web2c in its
> search path.  Hence texmf.cnf isn't found.

Hy Reinhard, yes, I understood this. I was too hasty. No wonder. As far
as TeX and Emacs is concerned I'm possibly the worst update junkie in
the world.

> If you want to experiment though you can copy
> texmf-dist/web2c/texmf.cnf to bin/win32/ .  But it doesn't make sense
> to test the old binaries anyway.

Right. I will dutyfully wait for the windows binaries to arrive at the
mirrors ;-)

BTW: Thank you all, guys, for your work and your OBVIOUS MOTIVATION :-)

--
Uwe