[tex-live] TL13 status

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Apr 9 00:16:57 CEST 2013

Philip,

nice idea, but unfortunately broken by design ...

On Mo, 08 Apr 2013, Philip TAYLOR wrote:
> versions or new packages appear, and then as day 182 approaches,
> a freeze is announced, no new versions or packages are accepted,
> but bug-fixes are.  The list is monitored until it seems safe to

What is a *bug*fix*? Practically *none* of the TeX package developers
keeps separate branches for released packages with bug fixes and
development version.

All just upload the next version, which contians bug fixes, but also
new features, changes etc.

So he *only* way to get something like you want is that *someone*
looks at the bug fixes employed in the packages, and *backports*
to the versions currently in the TeX Live tree.

I guess *you* will not be the one. Or?
But I am sure that *none* of us will/want to do that.

Thus, your idea is cute, lovely, sweet, but unfortunately broken
by design.

Norbert