[tex-live] removal of a package from texlive

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Apr 2 22:06:02 CEST 2013

On 2013-04-02 at 12:46:52 -0400, Victor Ivrii wrote:

 > Probably the easiest option would be for tlmgr if some packages to
 > be removed just to output:
 >
 > Packages (list) will be removed, do you want to proceed?

A good idea in general, but I prefer to run 'tlmgr update' in batch
mode, especially at work, where I can't spend too much time on the
updates.

If Norbert is willing (and has time to) implement an interactive mode,
I suggest tri-state logic for auto-remove:

  true / false / ask

Perl doesn't have real boolean variables anyway. ;)

Any default value is fine for me.  But I suppose that most users prefer
to be asked in advance by default.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25