[tex-live] Removal of libertine-legacy breaks newtx?

Tobias Columbus tobias.columbus at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 28 14:13:25 CEST 2012

Hi List,

After updating to the latest texlive, newtx and libertineotf won't work
anymore. Running lualatex always results in errors like this one:

    luaotfload | Updating the font names database:
    luaotfload | Scanning TEXMF fonts...
    luaotfload | Scanning OS fonts...
    luaotfload | Font names database saved: %s
    :
    /home/tc/.texlive2012/texmf-var/luatex-cache/generic/names/otfl-names.lua
    ! Font \=fxlri-8r at 10.95pt not loadable: metric data not found or
    bad.

I deleted the luatex-cache and completely regenerated it, but that did
not help.

Some more details:
I use newtxmath with libertine, varg and vvarbb options
and libertineotf with microtype font features.
Not including newtxmath solved the error.

I reinstalled libertine-legacy from backup and that partially fixed
that error. Instead of the very early error above, I now get the
following error

    kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+264/600 --dpi
    864 fxlri-8r
    mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for fxlri-8r.
    mktexpk: perhaps fxlri-8r is missing from the map file.
    kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.

    !LuaTeX error (file fxlri-8r): Font fxlri-8r at 864 not found

after compilation is nearly finished.

Any help will be appreciated! For the moment, I will roll back the
last update and continue working ;)

Tobias