[tex-live] updmap: font rpncri is defined multiple times:

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Sep 13 06:16:38 CEST 2012

Hi Linas,

I answer on the list so that other people see this discussion.

On Di, 11 Sep 2012, linuxss wrote:
> F. e: I add line "Map nirvana.map" to updmap.cfg and when I recreate
> maps i get warnings:
> updmap:   nirvana.map (/texlive2012/texmf-var/web2c/updmap.cfg) (used)
> updmap: font rpagd is defined multiple times:

You were right, this happens if you define a font in an additional
map file that is also defined in one of the base35 fonts.

I have committed a fix for the " uninitialized value " problem
which will be in tomorrows tlnet update.

> and in created psfonts.map file I see inserted duplicated fonts.

This is a different problem, and I am not sure how we want to
deal with that.

> nirvana.map:
> rpagd     AvantGarde-Demi          <agd_____.pfb
> rpagdo    AvantGarde-DemiOblique   <agdo____.pfb
> rpagk     AvantGarde-Book          <agw_____.pfb
> rpagko    AvantGarde-BookOblique   <agwo____.pfb

First of all, you could achieve the same effect by setting
	updmap-sys --setoption LW35 ADOBE
which has the very same effect.

What remains is the question, should we allow disabling the built in
35 fonts at all ... assume that someone wants to define these 35
fonts in a completely different way, with new fonts he is developping.

I don't know, I think we will have some internal discussions about this.

Thanks

Norbert