[tex-live] Integrating vanilla TeX Live with Debian

simon at getthingsfixed.co.uk simon at getthingsfixed.co.uk
Wed Sep 12 11:17:45 CEST 2012

On Wednesday 12 September 2012 09:23:47 daleif at imf.au.dk wrote:
> Something like that yes. When the package is build and installed it just
> tells Debian or Ubuntu that certain packages have already been installed.
> And thus apt-get should not attempt to install a plethora of texlive
> packages.

This is what it seems to do, i.e. texlive-local looks broken.

What I would have expected was that synaptic would vehemently refuse to
install the vanilla distro's texlivel packages. As it is I can install them
as if texlive-local wasn't there.

Even if texlive-local worked: how do we ensure that it contains the correct
packages and that we haven't missed any?

As it is we download a texlive-local (from 2011) and pray that it will work
with our current distro and DVD.

Would it not be better if there was a utility that can nose the dpkg tree for
texlive and use that to build the texlive-local?

--
Get Things Fixed