[tex-live] install-tl vs win7 64-bit

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Wed Oct 31 09:36:05 CET 2012

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 02:40:53PM +0000, Lars Madsen wrote:
> Just a fast observation since I was at my office for a meeting (I'm officially back tommorow)
>
> I grabbed  the latest install-tl.zip
>
> Added '-d' inside install-tl.bat
>
> In the debugger I tried just typing 'c' to make it continue
>
> then it does not crash

I remember similar elusiveness of installer crashes under w2000,
which disappeared when running perl under the debugger. There, too,
the text installer was unaffected.

> Who compiles the perl version shipped with the installer? Could someone recompile it for testing such that the -D
> option is available?

I do, but this is not a matter of recompiling but just of another
batchfile where perl is called with a -d parameter.

--
Siep Kroonenberg