[tex-live] a question about when gets the TL database refreshed in mirrors

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sat Oct 6 19:41:05 CEST 2012

Martin Schröder <martin at oneiros.de> wrote:

> 2012/10/6 jfbu <jfbu at free.fr>:
> > However when I ask TeX Live Utility or the command line tlmgr
> > to check for updates, either without specifying a mirror, or
> > when specifying this specific one, it tells me there are NO updates
> > available
>
> Because it then asks a different mirror that is a bit behind in
> syncing with CTAN.
>
> > the delay in synchronization is 24h? or one week?

24 hours.

> Depends on the mirror.
> You can of course set the repository to a mirror near you.

mirrors are removed from the selector if they're not sychronising within
24 hours.

there is also a delay in updating tl after the package has got to ctan.
i don't remember noticing that tl was behind, for a __long__ time.

however, without information of which mirror is(/was) being used, it's
hard to be dogmatic.

Robin Fairbairns

For the CTAN team