[tex-live] a question about when gets the TL database refreshed in mirrors

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Sat Oct 6 19:20:51 CEST 2012

On 06/10/2012 19:11, jfbu wrote:
> Index de ftp://ftp.oleane.net/pub/CTAN/fonts/mathdesign/

Not the right place. You should be looking in CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet. As I
said, things don't migrate automatically from (the rest of) CTAN to tlnet. And
tlmgr only uses tlnet.

Looking outside of tlnet for a TL package to be installed by tlmgr is like
looking at the upstream site for a .deb package to be installed by apt (assuming
only the main repositories are used, of course).

> Allright and I repeat that despite this I get
>
> xxx$ tlmgr --repository=ftp://ftp.oleane.net/pub/CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet update -all
> tlmgr: package repository ftp://ftp.oleane.net/pub/CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet
> tlmgr: saving backups to /usr/local/texlive/2012/tlpkg/backups
> tlmgr: no updates available

I don't doubt that. OTOH, you don't answer my question about whether abraces got
installed.

> So I am not sure I mixed up X, Y and Z

Allow me to disagree.

Manuel.