[tex-live] Libertinotf and libertine-type1 file name overlap and other oddities

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Mon Oct 1 23:48:09 CEST 2012

On 2012-10-01 at 21:29:09 +0100, Philip TAYLOR wrote:

 > Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
 >
 > > The texmf-dist/fonts/otf/ directory seems to be unintentional.
 > > It's at least not TDS compliant.
 >
 > Why would it be non-TDS compliant, Reinhard ?  In TeX Live 2011
 > I have :
 >
 > 	D:\TeX\Live\2011\texmf-dist\fonts\type1
 >
 > so why would  :
 >
 > 	D:\TeX\Live\2011\texmf-dist\fonts\otf
 >
 > be non-compliant ?

Hi Phil,
the TDS reserves a directory name "opentype" already for OpenType
fonts, a directory "otf" is not mentioned in the standard.

You can run

  texdoc TDS

in order to get the TDS.

Please note that kpathsea finds files according to the TDS by default.
Though it's possible to add "fonts/otf" to the OpenType search path in
texmf.cnf, I doubt that it's advisable.  IMO TeX Live is complex
enough already.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25