[tex-live] TeX Live 2012 fonts instalation

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Nov 6 10:52:08 CET 2012

On Di, 06 Nov 2012, Josef Tkadlec wrote:
> there is a difference in the location of the modified (created, if
> nonexisting) updmap.cfg file. Using the procedure decribed in
> http://www.tug.org/fonts/fontinstall.html the file is
> 2012/texmf-config/web2c/updmap.cfg while you wrote about the file
> texmf-local/web2c/updmap.cfg.

Both are fine, doesn't make a difference.

> Meantime I obtained an advice to use (create) the file
> texmf-local/web2c/updmap-local.cfg. This differes from your advice only

No, wiht TeX Live 2012 it is better NOT to use that.

Do you use TL2012 I suppose ...???? At least from what you said this
is my deduction.

If you use TL2012, please do NOT use updmap-local.cfg, as it is this
year supported, but this will be dropped next year.

Best wishes

Norbert
The last time anybody made a list of the top hundred
character attributes of New Yorkers, common sense snuck in
at number 79. ....
When it's fall in New York, the air smells as if someone's
been frying goats in it, and if you are keen to breathe the
best plan is to open a window and stick your head in a
building.
                 --- Nuff said??